Wednesday 28 August 2013

Yarn Along



In the past year I've become slightly addicted to knitting and find it an easy way to relax whilst actually making stuff that my children want to wear (and a couple of things they won't touch...). Now the weather has started to change, i'm beginning to step up my knitting activity level a notch. I'm currently making a cardigan for Lola. She's insisting on blue having at age 5 decided to take a step towards leaving the pink phase. I approve!

I've just recently finished knitting my first ever lace shawl for Lola which she is loving and doing a great impression of Little Red Riding Hood in. Here's some pics. She was tired hence the thumb sucking...






Oh and the reading! The girls and I have started reading Little House on the Prairie. This kind of bypassed me as a child growing up in the UK. We are loving it so far. I love imagining us travelling across half of America and my husband being able to build a house in the middle of nowhere. He has trouble with any kind of Ikea project but it's fun to imagine!!

What are you knitting and reading this week?
Joining Ginny at Small Things

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet, love the colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet colors! I loved the Little House books and am planning to re-read them one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cardigan that you choose to knit and I bet it knits up quite quickly!! I'm glad we have the change of seasons coming, I love fall weather :)

    ReplyDelete