Thursday 5 July 2012

Migros or Coop? (or shhhhhh....Aldi)

In this country, you tend to either be a Migros or a Coop fan. I find Swiss supermarkets have limited choice compared to other countries but stock high quality produce. Migros sells one lot of brands and Coop sells a different load, meaning you often end up in both at some point in the week. And weirdly, the largest amount of milk you can buy is in 1 litre bottles. Which makes me think they'd like you to come in every day for your milk or they just like the thought of you having to do alot of recycling. My kids can drink 3 litres of milk a day between them. Sometimes I wish we could arrange to have a cow live on the balcony.

Often, when it gets to the end of the month I find myself in Aldi. Nothing wrong with Aldi. I tend to avoid the meat and check the veg thoroughly but you can find bargains. People complain that Aldi makes you feel like you are shopping in a foreign country. Well I am so nothing new there. Also, I spotted two Maserati's, one Ferrari and a handful of Porsches in the carpark on the last visit. Therefore I feel no shame.

Anyway, I had to share this. Tortilla wraps cost 5fr10 in the Coop. I found these beauties in Aldi for 1fr20 on Monday. Almost five times less. Quesadillas for lunch anyone??






No comments:

Post a Comment